Martin Kelly Planning

For all your planning needs
Residential & Commercial
Construction Supervision
Snag Lists, House Surveys
House Plans, Extension Plans,
Conservatory Plans, Garage
Plans, and much more

We cover all aspects
from initial design,
site layout design to
preparation of planning
application documents.

Martin Kelly Planning Drawings for Planning Applications


Q: How long will it take before I get my planning permission?

A: After six or eight weeks of your application being validated by the planning authority they are entitled to request further information. From the date of your response to this further information you will have to wait one month before the planning authority will make a decision.

Q: If I do not receive my planning permission from the Planning Authority is there any other form of action I can take?

A: If the planning authority refuses to grant planning permission this does not mean, as most people seem to believe, that you will not get planning permission on your development. You can appeal the Planning Authorities decision to An Bord Pleanala who can overturn your local Planning Authorities refusal and grant your permission.

Q: What happens if there is an objection to my planning application?

A: Objections can be lodged by a third party against the planning application. If an objection is made, the objector is notified of the council's decision at which stage he has a further 21 days to appeal the council's decision. Details of the fees will be outlined under planning authorities decision to grant permission form.

Q: Is there any legal requirements that I will need before applying for planning permission?

A: It is very important that you have all legal requirements in place regarding site boundaries etc. If you are not the owner of the site it is important that you get a consent letter from the registered owner agreeing to the sale of the land to you on granting of your planning permission.

Q: Who can help me with drawings/plans and lodgement of my Planning Application?

A: We here at Martin Kelly Planning can help you with design of your development, then liaise with the Planning Authority on your behalf and complete your Planning Application for you. Call us today - Tel 085 7255182

Q: What parts of Ireland does Martin Kelly Planning cover?

A: We cover most counties in Ireland including, Co. Westmeath, Co. Longford, Co. Offaly, Co. Meath, Co. Dublin, Co. Leitrim, Co. Kildare, Co. Roscommon, Co. Carlow, Co. Mayo, Co. Galway and Co. Sligo.

Q: Do I need to sort out my finances before going for planning permission?

A: It is highly recommended that you check with your mortgage lender, broker or bank before you purchase your site and before you go for your planning permission so as to ensure that the funds are available from initial design stage to house completion.

Q: I have received my grant of permission. When do I send in the commencement notice?

A: After you receive a decision to grant you must wait four to six weeks for your final grant of decision. Only at this stage can you send in your commencement notice stating your intention to commence work within fourteen days. These forms can be obtained from your local authority.

Q: What does my Building Contractor need to comply with?

A:The house design and the specification should be to building regulation standards. Once you get your grant of permission the relevant authority in your area will have passed these house designs. At this stage you should make sure that your contractor or builder fully complies with the building regulations and fully constructs the dwelling in compliance with these regulations.

Q: Do I need to obtain Insurance?

A: Your mortgage company will usually insist on you having insurance cover but in case they do not it is important to have cover in place in case any problems arise with the build.

Contact Martin Kelly Planning now for more information at Email:
Telephone: 085 7255182 Westmeath